Skip to the content
- Instead of our class meeting today, you can listen to a story for World Book Day – choose a link on the next blog post.
- Phonics – revisit ‘ur’ and ‘ir’ with this video.
Play some of the free games on Phonics Play.
You may wish to do some daily phoneme practice with these:
Phase 3 – digraph/trigraph flashcards
Phase 2/3 – single letter sounds flashcards
- Handwriting – watch this video and practise the letters.
- Reading – read for at least 15 minutes. There are lots of books to enjoy on Oxford Owl. Click ‘My Class Login’ and enter:
username: year1priory password: priorystars
- English – watch this video and complete the activities.
- Maths – watch this video and complete the activities.
- Well-being afternoon – it’s World Book Day!
Why not try one of these activities…
– Turn a potato into your favourite book character.
– Redesign a front cover for one of your favourite books.
– Take pictures of yourself reading in 5 different places.
– Act out a scene from one of your favourite books.